Saturday 23 February 2013

My afternoon with Jessica Biel..........


..........doing Jessica's makeup for the Brits!!




When I got up on Saturday morning last week, I sleepily checked my emails as I do every morning but one in particular grabbed my attention. It was a request from a talent management agency in L.A California to be Jessica Biel's makeup for the Brits that coming Wednesday! A following email asked me to do her makeup for the Tom Ford show at London Fashion Week too, that Monday! And so, that was the start of a pretty cool and hectic week!
I don't have an agent and so for them to contact me like that is huge! I did do Jessica's makeup at the BATA's a few years ago, arranged through the Lancome PR team (I was the Lancome National Makeup Artist and Trainer at that time), so maybe they remembered!

As it is in showbiz, the Tom Ford was cancelled at the last minute but hey, I used to live in London so it was a great opportunity to wander round my old haunts and catch up with some friends I hadn't seen in ages. It was great to soak up the London vibe too, everything still the same...busy, rushy, everyone with heads down getting to where they're going!

The day before my appointment with Jessica I received detailed from the office in L.A about where I was going and the codename the hotel room was booked under!! Very exciting, we're dealing with mega stars here! So on Wednesday morning I met up with a good friend for lunch then off to the hotel for my 2pm appointment. I thought I'd treat myself and get a cab so I could see more of London on my way round rather than being stuch on the Tube. I love cab drivers in London, if you get a chatty one it's brilliant, they've got some amazing stories to tell!

So I arrived and sat in the lobby of one of the worlds most iconic hotels.......................................
 







Sorry folks.........this is going to have to be TBC because I've got to go and take my three year old daughter to dancing......................!!! Yes, life is back to normal now!........................

More of the story, hints and tips on how I created Jessica's look and the products I used to follow...........................  xx









No comments:

Post a Comment