Wednesday 23 January 2013

To me.....from me!!



On the way home from a recent photo shoot in Newcastle city centre I just couldn't help popping into Space. NK on Grainger Street to see what's new. To me.....from me.... this week are these absolute must haves for my kit and for any one of use who wants dreamy skin, a perfect put and a gorgeously groomed brow!



Kevyn Aucoin is a hero of mine and his book, Making Faces, was more or less the catalyst for me to enter into the world of make-up artistry. Totally inspiring. So, anything in his cosmetic range gets the thumbs up from me.

I've been searching the world over for something to replace my beloved Lancome Blanc Neige finishing powder and Kevyn's team have come up trumps with their Celestial Powder, shade Candlelight £34. Soft textured and oh so easy to blend, this illuminating powder gives a natural radiance that instantly banishes the winter blues!






Next on my list, for me personally, was a great eyebrow pencil. I prefer retractable ones because when time is of the essence in the morning, they're always ready to roll, no sharpening required. The Precision Brow Pencil, £19 is fab. Hard enough to give full control of the amount of colour you're putting on and soft enough to be quick and easy. I've tried many, many other brands and this is my fave to date.
Lastly, I love love love a red lip, personally and professionally and always enjoy finding the perfect red for clients who want to be a little more daring. I'm always on the lookout for red lip liners, either to define and contour lips or to use as a long lasting, sophisticated, matt lip colour. Et voila! NARS to the rescue with their Jungle Red lip liner pencil, £15.50. Glides on effortlessly and the colour is exactly what I wanted, not too orange-y, not too blue-y, just right!

I'm a product junky to the end so let's see what next week brings! Any comments or questions welcome and I'll try my best to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment